Good Score For GATE Biotechnology (BT) Considered To Be 55
Steps And Strategy To Prepare For GATE Biotechnology (BT) Exam
- Take a diagnostic test – best diagnostic test is a GATE paper of any of the previous 3 years.
- Note down what you have scored and what was the actual GATE qualifying score cut-off. Note that qualification does not help you much. What you need is a good score. So note the good score mentioned above and measure the gap between your score and a good score.
- Note the GATE syllabus and mark your topics that you are good at. First try to master subjects that you are good at.
- However, some subjects like Molecular Biology and Genetics, Biochemistry and Bioprocess Engineering and Process Biotechnology have a high weightage. So you should definitely prepare these.
- General Aptitude does not require preparation. It requires practice. So just practice solving Aptitude questions every day for 30 minutes.
- Mathematics may have a very high weightage. But note that to get these 6-10 marks, what you have to study and practice is typically more than a core subject. So if you wish to eliminate some topics in Maths, it is fine. Master topics that you are good at.
- Take lots of section tests and Mocks. Career Avenues provides an excellent test series for GATE Biotechnology (BT). For more details click here.
- In case you require focused GATE study material and books, you should take Career Avenues GATE Biotechnology (BT) study material which has been made by IIT alumni and is focused towards GATE. For more details click here.
GATE Biotechnology (BT) Test/Exam Pattern (Based on last 3 years papers)